Sometimes when I view my webpage, which has a search form on it and then search for records in my database, and I let it sit there for a few minutes and then refresh or hit the back button, it throws up an error saying:

"500 Internal Server Error: There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. "

"Error executing database query
communications link failure. Last packet sent to the server was 0ms ago"

"The error occurred in D:\inetpub\michael-sexton\rlb\search.cfm line 2:"

1: <!---get records for query--->
2: <cfquery name ="rsBulbs" datasource="rlbulbs">
3: SELECT item
4: FROM rlbBulbs

You will notice in the SELECT statement, its pulling items from rlbBulbs. The b in bulbs here is capitalized, but when I view my page code it is not capitalized. I have looked at my database and the table is rlbbulbs, no caps there either. I have made sure I put the current page to the remote server.

Also, when I do get the error, I can usually click back and click search again and it displays the records with no problem. Does anyone know whats going on? I cant have clients coming to my page and get errors every other time they try to do a new search. Thanks for any help.

Can anyone help?? I really need to get this resolved. Thanks in advanced!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.