i am building a simple online portal and i have done all the login ,registration pages and all the fields successfully get uploaded in the database but now

all i got is a product display page and an shopping cart

1. i want help is how do i pass the information from the product page to cart page
2.concurrently update in the database i.e. mysql
3.if customer wants he can remove a product from the cart.

can u help me with all..am wondering since 10 days now hope you guys help me out.thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Thanx the session thing just helped me out..i was able to make the cart too and update it but now the problem i face is

the checkout and ordering thing ... i want to pass the session variables of my cart to
the database and then let the user fill the shipping info and process the order if i get any sort of help on this will be thankful..

i am building a simple online portal and i have done all the login ,registration pages and all the fields successfully get uploaded in the database but now

all i got is a product display page and an shopping cart

1. i want help is how do i pass the information from the product page to cart page
2.concurrently update in the database i.e. mysql
3.if customer wants he can remove a product from the cart.

can u help me with all..am wondering since 10 days now hope you guys help me out.thank you.

Several answers could come handy for your request, I will try to mention few:

1. Passing information to other pages could be done by either POST or GET requests in e.g. sending product id's and handling them with the $_POST, $_GET or $_REQUEST superglobals . Or you may store the chosen products in a temporary cookie/session and catch them at the cart page with $_COOKIE or $_SESSION
  2. You may update the database entries at the cart page when the request is received and validated. Or if you are heading to dynamic content and interval-based updates, you may need to use AJAX requests and jQuery is what I suggest using for that
  3. This depends on the method you used to update.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.