Cupidvogel 0 Newbie Poster

Hi, I am following the chapter on Replication from the book High Performance MySQL. There it is written that I need to enable binary logging and specify a server ID for my MySQL server. It instructs me to write (or verify the presence of) the following lines in the master’s my.cnf file:

log_bin = mysql-bin
server_id = 10

Now I have downloaded MySQL version 5.5, and it doesn't have a mysql.cnf file, but a my.ini file instead. Not only that, it contains an additional number of similar files, like my_large.ini, my-small.ini, my-small.ini and my-innodb-heavy-4G.ini. Opening each of the additional .ini files with a text editor reveals that they are there for different memory allocations, and each contains log_bin and server_id variables specified with a value, unlike the my.ini file, where I had to insert them manually. Now the book says after doing so, restart the server, and command

SHOW MASTER STATUS;

, upon which I should be met with the following output, as shown in the image below. I have already configured the server as a mster before by using the command

GRANT REPLICATION SLAVE, REPLICATION CLIENT ON *.*
TO repl@'192.168.0.%' IDENTIFIED BY 'p4ssword';

However, the SHOW MASTER STATUS; command outputs an empty set, not the intended one as is shown in the book. Can anyone spot the bug?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.