Hi all
Not sure if im posting in the right section so sorry if i am.

I have been looking for an open source asset/inventory solution for a friend. I came across Free CMMS on sourceforge.net and for ease of installation and testing installed the latest version of XAMPP as Free CMMS requires the functionality this setup provides. The problem I have is support for the latest version of Free CMMS (1.4) seems to have ceased and was last updated in 2005. I have tried to contact the author via sourceforge but have received no response. I am in contact with another sourceforge user with an interest in the project but he seems to be as lost as i am.

As the project is based on older versions of PHP MySQL and Apache (MySQL 3.23.53 & 4.1.1, PHP 4.2.3 & 4.3.4, and Apache 2.0.43) and will of been built with using older web browser versions, when I try to initialise the databases I run into syntax errors.

I have attempted to correct/update some of these errors with some success but as I am new to these languages, feel I have bitten off far more than I can chew.

Are there any easy to follow conversions or error correcting IDE's that could help?
Would a workable solution be to install the same versions of the above platforms if they are still available?

Any help, advice or alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You could try to run an older version. You can find a history of xampp versions here.

I don't think you can find anything really useful to help you port to a newer version. It will probably require a lot of work. You can always fork the project and try to get people to take a renewed interest in it.

You could try to run an older version. You can find a history of xampp versions here.

I don't think you can find anything really useful to help you port to a newer version. It will probably require a lot of work. You can always fork the project and try to get people to take a renewed interest in it.

Hi thanks for reply, i kind of thought that would be the case. Will give the older versions (cheers for link) a go and hope for the best.

Dont suppose you know of any open source asset tracking / inventory management programs.

Thanks again

No, I don't. But you can try searching sourceforge or github.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.