I want to synchronize the data on my machine with that held on a server using PhpMyAdmin. Can anyone tell me exactly what information is required on the synchronization page? I've tried loads of combinations and the, not helpful, response is always "Could not connect to the source". Any thoughts will most welcome.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If your database is small enough (not more than a few megs in size) then you can upload an .sql file. However, I would not recommend doing this through phpMyAdmin's web-based interface for anything larger or you'll end up with timeout errors.

Thanks, I have done that. There is a facility on PhpMyAdmin for synchronizing the local DB with the server's that I'd like to use. So many people in this industry like to waste other people's time by being ambiguous with the way they want you to interface with their software; it is so childish and boring.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.