Hello everyone. I hope you can help me with my problem. So here is the problem: I cant install mariadb5.5win32 on my laptop, (but my other classmates have already installed it on their laptops). I am the only one who can't install it.

On the starting process of installing it, it was ok, but after copying the file process it suddenly roll back and then prompt a message:

The message goes like this: MariaDB 5.5 Setup Wizard ended prematurely.
MariaDB 5.5 Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

So, I cant install it. I tried serching the net, but there was no luck. No threads about this problem. I hope someone could help me. Thank you very much in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

So, I cant install it. I tried serching the net, but there was no luck. No threads about this problem. I hope someone could help me. Thank you very much in advance.

You need to used regedit.exe to remove the hidden files manually then you will be able to reinstalled it again.

In your case something is wrong on the OS possibly some corrupted files preventing this install from continuing.

When I use to teach, I use to recommend to my students to install a VM host application such as virtualBox or VMware, then install a guest operating system that they can use for running their labs in a dedicated environment. When the class was over, they would just delete the VM and use a new VM for the next class.

This process keeps your computer/laptop nice and clean with less applications that ultimately will slow down your PC and make it difficult to clean up.

Not sure how technical you are with PC stuff but you should research this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.