hello. I am getting a blank page on localhost/myproject/
i am pretcty sure th.at\ it cant connect to the database because when i am using a simple echo it returns. for example
<?php echo 'DDD'; ?>

THE THING IS THAT I AM USING WOS PORTABLE IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IT DOESNT SUPPORT PHPMYADMIN?

I HAVE IMPORTED THE DATABASE ON localhost/phpmyadmin/

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Okay, questionaire:

1. Do you have Apache server? Start it.
  2. Do you have MySQL server? Start it.
  3. Create a file called config.php, put inside

<?php
        $sql_un = "root";   // default: "root";
        $sql_pd = "";       // default: "";
        $sql_db = "";       // you will need to create database and input here it's name
        $sql_conn = mysqli_connect("127.0.0.1", $sql_un, $sql_pd, $sql_db);
        if (!$sql_conn) {
            die("Something didn't work, the file couldn't connect to database!");
        }
        echo "File's request has been successfully sent and answer received.";
    ?>

I don't get the <?php echo 'DDD'; ?> part... what about it?

i just did so i see what it returns without connecting to db. Where shall i put the config file?

nothing still a blank page

ok. when i use this $sql_conn = mysql_connect("127.0.0.1", $sql_un, $sql_pd, $sql_db); it replies File's request has been successfully sent and answer received.

when i leave it as you send it to me
$sql_conn = mysqli_connect("127.0.0.1", $sql_un, $sql_pd, $sql_db);
it returns a blank page

mysql is how the database is called, but there has been an update to it called mysqli which is essentially just "MySQL improved", I think you need to upgrade your SQL server. The file should be put inside of htdocs or www folder, but you already figured that out.

mysqli extension not enabled in the php.ini?

yes thats the issue i was using wos portable and it doesnt supports php 5.4, only php 4 thats why ive been having problems. For future reference i had problems. as

1. Couldn't read private or public funcion (i mean the syntax of cit ) i change them to function and it worked. I dont know how to put it better. Sorry
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.