Hi, I am a newbie in developing a website. i have tried to connect using mysqli conncetion
    Here is my simple code.

// db.php code

<?php

//$con = mysqli_connect("localhost","root","","bakery");
    $db = mysqli_connect('localhost', 'root', '', 'bakery');

// Check connection
    if (mysqli_connect_errno())
      {
      echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();
      }

?>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**//Sign up form in index.php**

<?php
                require('db.php');
                // If form submitted, insert values into the database.
                if (isset($_REQUEST['firstname'])){
                    $firstname = stripslashes($_REQUEST['firstname']); // removes backslashes
                    $firstname = mysqli_real_escape_string($con,$firstname); //escapes special characters in a string
                    $lastname = stripslashes($_REQUEST['lastname']); // removes backslashes
                    $lastname = mysqli_real_escape_string($con,$lastname); //escapes special characters in a string
                    $username = stripslashes($_REQUEST['username']); // removes backslashes
                    $username = mysqli_real_escape_string($con,$username); //escapes special characters in a string
                    $phonenumber = stripslashes($_REQUEST['phonenumber']); // removes backslashes
                    $phonenumber = mysqli_real_escape_string($con,$phonenumber); //escapes special characters in a string
                    $email = stripslashes($_REQUEST['email']);
                    $email = mysqli_real_escape_string($con,$email);
                    $password = stripslashes($_REQUEST['password']);
                    $password = mysqli_real_escape_string($con,$password);
                    $trn_date = date("Y-m-d H:i:s");

$query = "INSERT into `login` (firstname, lastname, username, phonenumber, email, password, trn_date) VALUES ('$firstname', '$lastname', '$username', '$phonenumber', '$email', '".md5($password)."', '$trn_date')";
                    $result = mysqli_query($con,$query);
                    if($result){
                            //echo "<div class='form'><h3>You are registered successfully.</h3><br/>Click here to <a href='login.php'>Login</a></div>";
                        header( 'Location: content.php' );
                    }
                }else{}
                ?>

----------------------------------------------------------
          **  // sign in form in index.php**

<?php
                require('db.php');
                session_start();

if($_POST['username'] == $username && $_POST['password'] == $password)
                    header( 'Location: content.php' );
                ?> 

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Help us to help you. What error are you getting or what behavior are you seenig that you don't expect?

the button to submit the form seems not working. when i click the button to submit the form, it shows no response.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.