hi, im den and started to learn php. i need help on how to code. the problem is something like this:
in my mysql database there are input personnel. i want to make a choice who among those personnel im going to let join in a training class. my premise is who ever reach 6months are eligible to go to training class.
also every time the personnel reach 6 months it wilk notify that its up for class training.

hope can help me with this. ty.

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Months
Discussion Span
Last Post by den_3

So lets be clear - no one is going to do the work for you without compensation - that said, I will try to give you some ideas on how to solve your problem as a "programmer" would.

1 - Identify what you need
    -- Table for Personnel
        -- Either a related table for datetime information for activity or a column in this table for when the user was inserted (mySQL now() function)
    -- a PHP script or mysql stored proceedure that will check if TODAY is >= 6 months from the user's join date (or, just the proc to add them or check eligability or.... so many ways to do this, it depends on the business logic)
    -- a Table for classes/courses
    -- a Table for registered users mapped to courses
    -- Im sure you will need more administrative stuff too...

--------- in short -> this area is where you assess HOW you can solve a problem given your best understanding of data and the problem you are trying to solve.

2 - Start with what you know.
    -- if you know PHP, start there and build the pages to look and function the way you want/expect, and try to keep in mind what your data will look like.
    -- if you know SQL, start with your table structures and data management.
    -- if you only know HTML and CSS, make it pretty, and use them as templates when you get into PHP
    -- .. if you haven't gotten it by now, the message is - just get started and figure out what you don't know by doing.

3 - use google to find what you don't know, and slowly add on as you understand concepts and best practices.

4 - wash, rinse, repeat.

ty ryantroop for the tip. specially the no 3 n 4. the more i do it ill bump into multiple such as this scenario. but ill start doing it then let see.

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.