So I am attempting to do an ER diagram over a login, with just login data, and the base data of the person loggin in, and the connection between login_ID and Basedata/Stamdata_ID. Is this correct, or how would you guys do it?

53117831_816749895338489_2535073724562931712_n.jpg
http://prntscr.com/mskpli

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Anytime I see "password" in a database field I ask about that. The days of putting a clear user password in the database is over. Are they still teaching this bad idea?

To be fair, "password" could be the encrypted/hashed value. It is not necessarily in clear text. Although I suspect you are correct in your assumption.

commented: It's been only a few years since I opened up a college textbook and yup, clear passwords. +15
Identify all the entities in the system. An entity should appear only once in a particular diagram. ...
Identify relationships between entities. Connect them using a line and add a diamond in the middle describing the relationship.
Add attributes for entities.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.