Having built a work around for the counting feature not working, in any of the normal ways Ihave the following problem.

This works perfectly:

<%

RSPage = TRIM(Request.QueryString("page"))

If Len(RSPage) = 0 Then RSPage = 1

Max = 10

If RSPage = 1 Then Offset = 0
If RSPage > 1 Then Offset = (RSPage-1) * Max

Set CConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
CConn.Open strADO
Set CRs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")

CRs.Open "SELECT COUNT(*) AS PAGECOUNT FROM tblsearch WHERE Active=-1 AND Reference=" & strRefLink, CConn

TotalRecords = CRs("PAGECOUNT")

If (Round((TotalRecords/Max))) = Round((TotalRecords/Max),2) Then
TotalPages = Round((TotalRecords/Max),2)
Else
TotalPages = Round((TotalRecords/Max)+1)
End If

If Not CInt(TotalPages) = CInt(RSPage) Then
If TotalRecords < Max Then
PageSwitch = False
Else

PageSwitch = True
End
If
End If

CRs.close
CConn
.close
%>

I also need it to work with the following SQL but have failed in all attempts so far.

"SELECT *, MATCH (url,description,name) AGAINST ('" & Search & "' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AS score FROM tblsearch WHERE Active=-1 AND MATCH (url,description,name) AGAINST ('" & Search & "' IN BOOLEAN MODE) ORDER BY name ASC LIMIT " & Offset & "," & Max

The MATCH command seems to be causing a problem when combined with the COUNT(*) feature,

The String above works fine on its own, but not with COUNT(*).

Can anyone help? :rolleyes:

Anthony

The COUNT(*) method was used only with GROUP BY statement.
So, if you have some colums in SELECT statement YOU MUST insert also a GROUP BY statement in your sql string.

I've solved this problem, deleting all columns in select statement [inserting only count(*)], and manteining the other part the same.

Bye.

PS. I'm italian and i've not a lot of experience with english language.
Studing it its different to write it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.