Hi all,

I'm currently developing an Android application with Android Studio that allows visitors to enter information such as their name, company and reason for visiting our work premises and have this information stored in a SQL database. The app would have to allow for the printing of this information onto a ribbon (around 3.07" in width) that could be folded and used an ID badge while on site.

I'm browsing Zebra's wifi/bluetooth printer range in search of a printer that would allow the user to print such badges wirelessly after entering their details on my app (running on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with Android version 4.4.2).

A Zebra printer is favorable as my company can get them at a slight discount.

If anyone can suggest a particular Zebra printer model that I could integrate to achieve this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Let me share how I start when I can't decide what model. I use 2 methods over and over.

1. Pick up the phone and call the maker directly. I never call companies that sell the product as they always have what they want to sell, not what I need.
  2. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=best+selling+zebra+printer and then start at the top till I find a match.

In parting I'd not print directly from the app. Since I'd want to be able to print from say an iPhone, iPad, PC, Android and more after I'm done I'd create a web app hosted on say an Intel NUC that connects to the printer. This way any device with a web browser can create the badge. Tadah. A solution that will last for years.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.