i have a little idea of how to make this,

.ocx

but i dnt know how to use them ,
i where to get them

any1 here can help??

and sample of how to use them??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

how about to use manifest file to make like xp, so it will work to all component.

Is it possible to use an existing file, like for instance the XP standard theme or likewise? And if that is possible, where do one find those graphics?
/m.

Typically you make your application match XP's visual style simply by linking the XP common-controls manifest as a resource for your application. (You must do this if you want theming capabilities either way. Also, it is better to link as a resource than to just have a manifest file in the same directory.)

That's all you need to do to make your application pretty.

It is possible, however, to use a different visual style than the one the end-user selected. Now, the end-user may not like that too much, so be sure you have good reason to do this, and that you give the end-user a way to turn it off.

You might want to take a look through the MSDN Visual Styles Reference.

Here's a little site I googled that might help get you started. The examples are in VB.

Hope this helps.

thx for the advice, and help,

as of now i learned 2 way to make the cmdbttns look good,

using a gradient ocx
2nd is using xp style,(where u must check the XP in the components

if any1 wanna try it out just pm me and ill send you the .ocx file

thx for the advice, and help,

as of now i learned 2 way to make the cmdbttns look good,

using a gradient ocx
2nd is using xp style,(where u must check the XP in the components

if any1 wanna try it out just pm me and ill send you the .ocx file

------------------------
hello goodafternoon i am a junior programmer from the philippines. i like the topic of customizing the button but i don't have msdn library. i don't have .ocx in my components.
actually i am a 4th year college student. can you help me. can you send me the file for .ocx or can you send to me msdn library for free ^_^..thank you very much. this will help me..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.