any1 here can help??

and sample of how to use them??

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by x2per14

Is it possible to use an existing file, like for instance the XP standard theme or likewise? And if that is possible, where do one find those graphics?
/m.

Typically you make your application match XP's visual style simply by linking the XP common-controls manifest as a resource for your application. (You must do this if you want theming capabilities either way. Also, it is better to link as a resource than to just have a manifest file in the same directory.)

That's all you need to do to make your application pretty.

It is possible, however, to use a different visual style than the one the end-user selected. Now, the end-user may not like that too much, so be sure you have good reason to do this, and that you give the end-user a way to turn it off.

You might want to take a look through the MSDN Visual Styles Reference.

Here's a little site I googled that might help get you started. The examples are in VB.

Hope this helps.

thx for the advice, and help,

as of now i learned 2 way to make the cmdbttns look good,

using a gradient ocx
2nd is using xp style,(where u must check the XP in the components

if any1 wanna try it out just pm me and ill send you the .ocx file

thx for the advice, and help,

as of now i learned 2 way to make the cmdbttns look good,

using a gradient ocx
2nd is using xp style,(where u must check the XP in the components

if any1 wanna try it out just pm me and ill send you the .ocx file

------------------------
hello goodafternoon i am a junior programmer from the philippines. i like the topic of customizing the button but i don't have msdn library. i don't have .ocx in my components.
actually i am a 4th year college student. can you help me. can you send me the file for .ocx or can you send to me msdn library for free ^_^..thank you very much. this will help me..

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.