Firstly to tell that im glad to find your site. Thanks
i've starting a new program and i need to backup my tables.
so i tried the command

copyfile

and

send to

but it doesent work. so please help me. i need to save my db tables to another location and give them aname by date, and if they are tree days old to delete them, and thats my problem.
:?:

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Gardibald

This is the Pascal language subforum.

What programming language are you using? And what database are you using?

thamks, this helps me to upgrade my program, but does not solve my problem.
actually, i like to make a command which wil copy certain table (or any other file) and paste it on diferent location, rename it by curent date, and delete it if its some days old.

I'm not sure how I have failed to address your problem.

In both your first and your latest post, you indicated that you need to do three things:

1. Copy specific tables to a backup location
  2. Rename the backup tables with a timestamp
  3. Delete really old backup tables

The link article I gave you specifically deals with 1 and 2, which can be done at the same time. Further, the article is aimed at making a full copy --where it is not cross-linked between the old table and current data-- which is what a backup generally entails. The article deals with Paradox tables using Delphi.

To delete an old backup table, delete it just as you would any other table.

If I have misunderstood your problem please try to be more specific about exactly what it is that you are trying to do.

with litle work and improvisation i managed to do exactly what i was looking for.
thanks

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.