Learn to Program with C++ [Paperback]
By: John Smiley

for non programmers'

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for Geek-Master

I haven't tried the book your using, but I have read a great starter from SAMS. SAMS Teach yourself C++ in 24 hours 3rd Edition paper back. A friend of mine told me that it would be perfect to start learning C++ with "just about anything that has 'teach yourself in such such hours' is good to start off with." They aren't the best for getting into the "good stuff", but perfect for beginners. Try it out, I got mine at Books-A-Million for $29.99 + a discount with a card if you take the time to fill it out.

Stay away from the "teach yourself in 24 hours" and similar series. They give too many shortcuts that will catch up with you as you gain experience.

Get "Accellerated C++" by Koenig and Moo instead.

check out Neill Graham's "Learning C++"

Well thank you for your concern. Ive actually strayed away from programming for the time being. Im looking in to build your own pc manuals etc and windows 2000 administration. Then programming, with C, and Java.

thank you very much :( :rolleyes: :mrgreen: :) :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.