Hello everyone, im new here and a very noob programmer..I dont have mastery of programming and i find it very hard even the simple ones. Anyway, i need help in this program. Our professor asked us to program a simulation of soccer robots. What we are about to do is to simulate a real soccer game using c++ program with the rules of the said game are being implemented, there is a goalie, a midfield, forward, striker, defender, sweeper and other players as well. The number of players are complete and they do specific tasks based on their position. Also scores must be tallied and fouls must be called and recorded just like a real soccer game. My problem is i dont have any idea on how to start this program. What codes to use and how am i going to do this. Plz anyone, if you have any idea on how this should work plz help me with this. I really need your help in this one. Any post will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much...

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

> I really need your help in this one.
Why?
Notice how this is actually a question, which is more than you managed to post, which was just a dump of your assignment, and excuses for not doing it.

> Our professor asked us to program a simulation of soccer robots.
Perhaps this is the big test to see who gets to go forward to the advanced course, and who falls by the wayside. Harsh maybe, but that's life all over really.

If your combined desire + natural talent isn't going to get it done, then finding others on the web to do your work is only postponing the inevitable. That programming isn't your thing and you need to find some other path in life.

> I dont have mastery of programming
Now, does your professor know this as well, or have you been handing in other peoples work without fully understanding them (and the prof thinks you're better than you really are). Because most courses build up on information already learnt, and if you didn't learn it, it manifests itself as you coming over all clueless when confronted with the next assignment.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7194772.stm

Of course the other alternative is that your prof hasn't actually taught you how to program, and merely just spoon-fed the syntax of C++ to you.

Having said all that, a free bone

class player {
  // some things common to all players, like moving around the field
};
class goalie : public player {
  // also a player, but also some things specific to a goalie, say
  bool canUseHands;
};

List other properties of players, such as
- attacking
- defending
- getting the ball back
- probability of committing fouls

The other thing to do is have a good idea of all the things you want in the program, but then only implement a subset of them at a time (eg. ignore fouls in version 1).

A pretty hard bone, but a bone all the same!

sorry if thats what you think..but i really dont understand it..i still have no idea on how start this..anyone that can give me a headstart with this? i think this is quite a sophisticated and way too hard program for my level...

sorry if thats what you think..but i really dont understand it..i still have no idea on how start this..anyone that can give me a headstart with this? i think this is quite a sophisticated and way too hard program for my level...

It is a sophisticated request. How did you get such an assignment if you are at a basic level?
Perhaps you signed up for C++ 104 when yo should have gotten into C++ 101 ?
DROP THE COARSE...NOW!!

i cant drop that subject now, i will be delayed if i do it...i know exactly what to do with the program and what my professor wants us to do..the problem is i dont know how to put it into codes....

can anyone just give me an ebook or tell me a site about this? so that i can study it myself. i cant find anything in the internet regarding how to program this all i find is the history of soccer robots and about its league..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.