Hello,

I've been trying to develop a simple client/server application that uses the bluetooth USB dongles of 2 PCs using windows sockets and the bluetooth support provided in the windows platform SDK

I can create the sockets fine, but when I go to invoke "bind" or "connect", the program spits out the error code 10050 (network is down/dead), but I can't figure out where the problem is or what is causing it (everywhere on the net is very vague about this error)

Any ideas?

Thanks

I am including a portion of my code up until when the program exits

#include <winsock2.h>
#include <ws2bth.h>
#include <BluetoothAPIs.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <iostream>
#pragma comment(lib, "ws2_32.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "irprops.lib")
using namespace std;

int main()
{
	//Initialising winsock
	WSADATA data;
	int result;
	result = WSAStartup(MAKEWORD(2, 2), &data);//initializing winsock
	if (result!=0)
	{
		cout << "An error occured while initialising winsock, closing....";
		exit(result);
	}

SOCKET s = socket (AF_BTH, SOCK_STREAM, BTHPROTO_RFCOMM);
	if (s == INVALID_SOCKET)
	{
		wprintf (L"Socket creation failed, error %d\n", WSAGetLastError ());
		return 0;
	}

SOCKADDR_BTH sab;
	memset (&sab, 0, sizeof(sab));
	sab.addressFamily = AF_BTH;
	sab.port = BT_PORT_ANY;

if (0 != bind (s, (struct sockaddr *) &sab, sizeof(SOCKADDR_BTH)))
	{
		wprintf (L"Socket bind, error %d\n", WSAGetLastError ());
		closesocket (s);
		return 0;
	}

The error occurs at "Socket bind, error"
I should also add that hte bluetooth usb dongles have been tested and work, and I'm running all this on windows XP with SP2, and using visual studio 2005 team suite

I tried the code that you posted and it worked just fine for me.

Z.K.

I tried the code that you posted and it worked just fine for me.

Z.K.

Symptom: When attempting to verify network connectivity with a remote computer by using the Ping.exe command, you may receive a command-line error message similar to the following: Ping: transmit failed, error code 65 or PING: transmit failed, error code 10050.

Resolutions: This behavior can occur if the following conditions are true: 1) ICS is enabled; 2) a firewall software is running on the computer; 3) The ZoneLabs program is not correctly configured for ICS.

To fix the problem: 1) re-configure ZoneAlarm for ICS. 2) Remove the Zone Labs firewall software from the computer.

what i am bale to get on net and of this some think which i know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.