Can someone please help me with the following questions.

1) Create a script that will produce a text file that has a list of the files in the present working directory. Ensure you use the proper syntax to allow auto-execution from the command prompt.

Use internal documentation (comments) to place your name and the course name in the script.

2) Create a Bash script that will copy all the files in one directory to another directory. You may name the receiving directory anything you like. Ensure you use the proper syntax to allow auto-execution from the command prompt.

Use internal documentation (comments) to place your name and the course name in the script.

masijade commented: In violation of the "Trems of Use" you agreed to by making an account here. -1

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hey there,

#!/bin/bash
#
# your name
# your course

ls >FILE.txt

#!/bin/bash
#
# your name
# your course

cp -r dir/* newdir/*

Don't forget to chmod them at least 700 so they can be executed from the command line.

Best wishes,

, ike

commented: Don't do other's homwowrk for them. Not only does it not help them, at all, but it is also a violation of the "Terms of Use" you agreed to by creating an account here. -1

you didn't even try to conceal this is a homework assignment...

lol u just did his homework for him!!

:) Yeah - Every once and a while, I like an easy one :)

Who loses? ;)

, Mike

:) Yeah - Every once and a while, I like an easy one :)

Who loses? ;)

, Mike

I gained something from it...learn something new everyday!:cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.