dgzo_08 0 Newbie Poster

Hi. I'm new to posting and new to vb net too.

Nevertheless here i go. I'm developing a project that has 2 applications. One is visible and one is not.

What i have so far is this: the visible application sends a message to the unvisible application of another computer in my private network and the unvisible application shows this message on a small form I created.

what I want is that, when the form shown by my unvisible app is clicked, another program (the visible application ) is called and run. But I need to pass some parameters to it.

I've read that I can do this with System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(c://someApp.exe)
but so far I have not found how to pass parameters to the visible application and well.. since I'm new to vb net I dont even know where Visual Studio 2005 puts exe files when an app is published and neither know how to run a winform application that needs parameters.

I dont know If I made myself clear....

can anyone give me a hand on these?

Regards dgzo_08

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.