'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

you do need to install the JDK first...

Ok cool Thank You I am in proccess of doing that I went through the downloads for java platforms i noticed this one has the java SE (jdk) marked .Java EE 5 SDK Update 4 (with JDK 6 U4) is the one i selected. then the sun down load manager said that i have three other
(jdk-6us-windows-i586-p-ift ) in red download failed as well as (j2sdk-1_4_2_13-nb-5_0-s) also down load failedas well as (j2sdk-1_4_2_13-nb-5_0-w also in red download failed do i just need a proper down load of java ?

Ok i have the down load com-pleted do i need to do anything with the proxies or Authinications

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Kenneth Rinderhagen>cd C:\java

C:\java>javac HelloWorldApp.java
'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\java>

now what ?

any sugestions on wich Java or netbeans to down load for windows Laptop

any sugestion on wich java to download

read the documentation, and set up your system path environment correctly.

ok i Actualy Deleted all my java downloads and installed all the java i could find again i am about ready to try it

ok i Actualy Deleted all my java downloads and installed all the java i could find again i am about ready to try it

First download appropraite jdk (ex. jdk 1.5 or 1.6).....
Install the exe file in ur local system...
By default it will be installed in c:\Program Files\Java\
After successfull installation, Set the class path...
You do this in environment variable...
Right Click My Computer--Properties--Advanced(Tab)--Environment variables--Press 'New' under User Variables For Admin--Provide Path under Variable name and Full path(ex.C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin; ) under variable value and Click OK...Again click OK..Now your path is set...
Now u can go to command prompt and type javac...When help files are displayed then path is set correctly else some problem in path....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.