I have been asked to create a program that scans for a virus,detects the virus and removes it,it also has to scan the boot sector.I am very new to programming so this is a big task for me especially that i cannot find anything of any use to me, i am a beginner of java and c++ could anybody tell me how to attempt this or provive some information to me.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

well call Dr. Norton, or contact McAfee, i m sure they know how to write such codes. :lol:

" i am a beginner of java and c++"
>>Problem. ---1

"I am very new to programming."
>>Bigger problem---2

" create a program that scans for a virus,detects the virus and removes it,it also has to scan the boot sector."
>>Huge problem

" this is a big task for me"
>>Mission Impossible!!

" how to attempt this"
>>After u have overcome problem no 1 and 2.

"I have been asked"
>>I would like to know who asked u...Just an honest interest

>>I would like to know who asked u...Just an honest interest

You would hope its a teacher and not just say... a family friend, since itd probably be a better investment to just buy some virus protection software :cheesy:

hmm, sounds awfully like that other guy who spammed the forums a few weeks ago with an almost identical question.
Was that guy banned or is this a classmate who found out a bit later he wouldn't get away with not doing his own homework?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.