hanifa 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,
this is my requirement :
I have a c++ library/API in the server and client computers running Java applets can send data over to the server and server after processing will send the resultant data back.

What I have done:
Following the excellant tutorial at http://www.linux.com/feature/113947?&depth=5&order=1&sortby=3&render=flat
titled "Creating Web Service using Apache Axis-C++" , I have made the tutorial work .
But in the tutorial, the client is also c++ and it uses the WSDL2WS tool to general client stubs.

However, after some googling, I figured out that you need to use the java2wsdl to generate java stubs.But then, when i looked at the java tutorials , I am a bit perplexed.

What i would like to know is this :
The below is wrt to the above tutorial.
For C++ clients, you do this
1) java org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WSDL2Ws -lc++ -sclient -oclient ./MD5.wsdl
2)Modify the main file which results to call the server function
3)gcc -o md5test *.cpp -I. -laxiscpp_client -L$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/lib -I$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/include -ldl

May I know what is the equivalent procedures to do for a Java client. It would be great if you could answer with respect to the above 3 steps, if possible.

I am using Apache 2.0.63 and Axis 1.4 in Ubuntu(linux) environment.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards
Hanifa

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.