Hi all,
m having this java.io.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the specified file, although the file is there in the folder.

waiting for some replies,
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What kind of file is it? Are you reading data from a data file and the Java program can't find the data file? Or is it some class file it can't find? From your description it sounds like the former. I assume this is a run time error rather than a compiler error.

Its a text file .....although the required text file is right in the same folder where my java program is.....Is it because I put throw IOException...

Its a text file .....although the required text file is right in the same folder where my java program is.....Is it because I put throw IOException...

I don't know. Maybe you should post your Java file and your text file, if they're not too huge. Might make it easier for us to respond that way. I assume you have a "catch" along with your "throw"?

u were right the problem was at runtime..it got sorted out..thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.