hi guys. am new to VB. so dont know too many things. i am making a multimedia player and i have completed the brass tacks. i have a couple of qns for features that i wanna put in

1. how do i implement a feature wherein i display the time duration of file and also can track the time as file plays?

2. how do i implement a playlist feature? i was thinking of using a list box storin the path in an array and only displayin the file name in the list.

3. when i move the player, the playlist shuld move with it. how shuld i do it?

4. also how do i put in volume control and an equalizer?

il appreciate any help.

regards,
Naveen.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I can help you with most of the problems you are encountering... however, I'm not sure about a volume control and an EQ. I tried to build an EQ once.... and failed horribly. To this day, I've been unable to figure out how to impliment an EQ with VB. A Lot of the problem has to do with checking frequencies, or something crazy. Anyway, I'll see what I can do about the moving window, display list, and display time. I'll get back to you.

I've Got It Working, But For some strange reason the addressof function is freaking out (either addressof or setwindowlong) so I had to resort to an external DLL in order to make the playlist window move with (and be dockable) to the main window. It's a royalty free dll, that you can ship with your program... it's purpose is to provide mouse and keyboard hooks (system wide). I'm not sure if you want to rely on componants.... so let me know.

Also, Exactly What Kind Of Multi-media player? Songs? Video? Both? Are You using the microsoft Multi-media control?

thnx for the effort coma.
im using MS Multimedia Control 6.0(SP3)
and MS Common Dialog Control 6.0(SP3)
should i send u my code?

Yes, you can e-mail it to me as an attachment. If I'm not mistaken, though, the multimedia control only allows .mid, .wav, and .avi..... so something like an MP3 player, or mpeg player is out of the question with it. I'll also (when I get home from work) will send you the project I have for docking the window.

Here is that source that I promised you, let me know how that portion works for you.

Here is that source that I promised you, let me know how that portion works for you.

Thnx for the file. Im sorry i havent been able to get back to you. Been a bit busy. Will mail u asap.

Regards,
Naveen.

hi guys. am new to VB. so dont know too many things. i am making a multimedia player and i have completed the brass tacks. i have a couple of qns for features that i wanna put in
(First off good luck. I wrote a VB MultiMedia Player)

1. how do i implement a feature wherein i display the time duration of file and also can track the time as file plays?
(I use a call to get the video length. MPG and MP3
I'd have to look that up)

2. how do i implement a playlist feature? i was thinking of using a list box storin the path in an array and only displayin the file name in the list.
(mine evolved from a text search. When I catalogue mp3
files I get what meta data is there along with the path
which sometimes includes valuable info. Creating a two
line play list line1 is the search info line2 is the file path.)

3. when i move the player, the playlist shuld move with it. how shuld i do it?
(Right. my playlist is just a text file of these MultiMedia. easily
changed and updated. The program auto runs from DVD CD)

4. also how do i put in volume control and an equalizer?
(I never had any luck trying to control the volume. But I
have no problem videoing in a playback of the original with
the volume turned off. The resolution loss is no worse than
when I transfer to the net. And if it is really valuable video
I don't want to transfer the original)

il appreciate any help.

regards,
Naveen.

Good Luck
I'm sure I can give you some pointers...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.