Hi , I Want To Khow About How I Can Start The Turbo C++, I Want To Develope This Program:
Develope A Graphical Analog Clock . You Should Be Able To Set The Clock Alarm And Your Clock Should Ring At The Time Set.
Please Help Me About This Program.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Since Turbo's from pretty much the dinosaur age, the help you receive is likely going to be very minimal (and most people won't be able to test any code snippets they give you). And by the way, we only offer homework help to those who show effort. So... your best bet would be to post code that you've already written, and tell us what the problem is with it. When posting code, please remember to use CODE tags.

Also, please don't capatilize every word in the sentences -- it looks silly and makes it a little more difficult to read.

google search for C\C++ projects.U will find Source Codes where in u can guide urself to program your own alarm clock..

I can help you. I have been using Turbo C++ and Borland C++ for the past 2 years.

However please note that you cannot use Turbo C++ to output any sort of graphics as BGI graphics is not supported in windows.

However the older versions of Turbo do support graphics.

I can help you. I have been using Turbo C++ and Borland C++ for the past 2 years.

However please note that you cannot use Turbo C++ to output any sort of graphics as BGI graphics is not supported in windows.

Not true. BGI works just fine at least through XP. Vista I refuse to run so I can't test it, but I've run BGI on XP without problems.

Actually, the folks at <whoever owns borland nowdays> have brought back the "Turbo" moniker... So if you go download Turbo C++ Explorer you wouldn't have to resort to BGI graphics at all...

JSYK.

When you use BGI functions like setcolor(), circle(), line(); under borland C++ Win API it does not accept.

I have tried it many times.
The error message is as follows
BGI not supported under Windows.

But Turbo v1.1 supports it. It is the DOS based Turbo C++.

Infact in this very forum I have created a post called C++ Graphics where I have got help from so many users and all have agreed that it does not work under Borland (Windows Based)

I am sorry as I by mistake posted the same thing twice!

I havent heard of Turbo Explorer. Is it good? I mean can we use the graphics functions in it?

Why don't you click the link I gave you?

Turbo C++ Explorer is for creating Windows applications. You also get Borland's VCL. So you can draw on and display stuff using a canvas object.

The easiest way would be to drop a tImage component on your form and use its canvas property to draw on it.

Hope this helps.

Why don't you click the link I gave you?

Because it must be easier to waste time and energy asking questions than actually doing research.

After all, we know it all, don't we? :icon_wink:

I used to go ask my father for the meanings of words all the time. After a while he took me to the bookshelf and showed me where the dictionary was.

Not only do you get the satisfaction of figuring something out yourself, you remember it better. Then you get satisfaction from helping someone find the information, rather than giving it to him.

Of course, after a while people stopped understanding the words I was using...

(Alas, I still know less than I'd like... ;-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.