jenjen02 0 Newbie Poster

I currently have an application that has multiple versions and will continue to be upgraded. I know how to increase the version number and have the users download the new version which will install correctly on their computer, however, every time they download a new version a new instance will appear in their Add/Remove programs menu.

I have messed around with not changing the Product Code property in the deployment package, but when they would go to install it, it tells them there is an instance already installed and they must install the previous version before installing this one.

Setting RemovePreviousVersions to True does not seem to do anything (unless I have forgotten a step). Is there a way to correctly get the version number to increase, and allow the users to download the new application, and either remove the previous instance in the add/remove programs option or update that instance without the user having to remove it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.