Hi friends,

I have implimented a project. I connect it with Access database but problem is that I don't know how to make it as a Installaton file which can run on other machine (System) that donot have Visual Basic.

Plz. give me the solution.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Dear Friends,

I want to create a Data Report that can allow to display the details of Different commands(Ex-Command1, Command2) in one Data Environment. These commands same variables(Name, Class, City ...and so on.). But data is different. Means I have to display the report depend upon the city name, command1 have the data where is city=Bangalore, and command2 have the data where is city=Raichur. These two commands should be display by using one Data Report give me the solution.

If you give me the solution I am very greatful to you

Vasanth

How to create a Installation fiel in Visual Basic 6.0?

Vasanth

Dear Friends,

I want to create a Data Report that can allow to display the details of Different commands(Ex-Command1, Command2) in one Data Environment. These commands same variables(Name, Class, City ...and so on.). But data is different. Means I have to display the report depend upon the city name, command1 have the data where is city=Bangalore, and command2 have the data where is city=Raichur. These two commands should be display by using one Data Report give me the solution.

Vasanth

Dear Friends,

Vasanth

use package & deployment wizard on microsoft visual studi tools.
start program -> Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 -> Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 tools -> Package & Deployment wizard.

How to create a Installation fiel in Visual Basic 6.0?

Vasanth

follow the following steps to create the installer for ur project. but before trying this make sure that u have created the executable(.exe) for ur project. hope u know how to create that.

1.close ms vb6.0 ide
2.click start>-programs->microsoft visual studio 6.0->microsoft visual studio 6.0 tools->package and deployment wizard
3.click browse to locate ur project file(.vbp)
4.click package
5.click yes to start the recompilation process
6.in package type select standard setup package and click next
7.select the destination where u want to create the package folder for ur project.this folder will contain all the supported and main application files required to install ur apps in some other client machine.
8.click yes to create the folder if it doesn't exist and click next
9.the next list that will come will display all necessary files to build the setup.click add to insert some other files from ur project to the said list.if u any access database file,click this button,locate ur db file and click open to add the file to the list.this list will also help u to remove any unnecessary files that u donot wish to install in the target machine with apps.u can also add help files(if any) for project from this option.but do not ever try to remove the .dll,.ocx,.lib or .exe files.click next
10.if u want ur setup becomes a standalone package select single cab otherwise if u want part installer then select multiple cab.if u select the 2nd option u have mention the size of the floppy disks.then the wizard will ask u insert the floppies one after another.i will recommend u not to use this option.click next
(if u see any shared files box or dependency information box just skip that)
11.insert a title for the installer and click next
12.in the next screen adjust the menu apperance the setup will create for u.this will become the startmenu shortcuts for ur apps.
13.click next->click next
14.in the script name box u do not require to enter anything but do not erase the default text.
15.click finish to build the installer.
16.click close->click close

after the installer is created just goto the package folder and there u will find a file "setup.exe".double click that to run the installer.

hope u will grab this.
regards
Shouvik

Dear Friend,
I followed ur Step but some Error Occured
it was"Unexpected Error Number 28 has Occured : Out of Stack Space".Pls check this Problem

Check that you have enough disc space and RAM.

follow the following steps to create the installer for ur project. but before trying this make sure that u have created the executable(.exe) for ur project. hope u know how to create that.

1.close ms vb6.0 ide
2.click start>-programs->microsoft visual studio 6.0->microsoft visual studio 6.0 tools->package and deployment wizard
3.click browse to locate ur project file(.vbp)
4.click package
5.click yes to start the recompilation process
6.in package type select standard setup package and click next
7.select the destination where u want to create the package folder for ur project.this folder will contain all the supported and main application files required to install ur apps in some other client machine.
8.click yes to create the folder if it doesn't exist and click next
9.the next list that will come will display all necessary files to build the setup.click add to insert some other files from ur project to the said list.if u any access database file,click this button,locate ur db file and click open to add the file to the list.this list will also help u to remove any unnecessary files that u donot wish to install in the target machine with apps.u can also add help files(if any) for project from this option.but do not ever try to remove the .dll,.ocx,.lib or .exe files.click next
10.if u want ur setup becomes a standalone package select single cab otherwise if u want part installer then select multiple cab.if u select the 2nd option u have mention the size of the floppy disks.then the wizard will ask u insert the floppies one after another.i will recommend u not to use this option.click next
(if u see any shared files box or dependency information box just skip that)
11.insert a title for the installer and click next
12.in the next screen adjust the menu apperance the setup will create for u.this will become the startmenu shortcuts for ur apps.
13.click next->click next
14.in the script name box u do not require to enter anything but do not erase the default text.
15.click finish to build the installer.
16.click close->click close

after the installer is created just goto the package folder and there u will find a file "setup.exe".double click that to run the installer.

hope u will grab this.
regards
Shouvik

Dear friend,

Thnks for solution. But, I installed the proejct using setup.exe. Pogram is runnning OK, but reports not functioning it occurs a error.

Please give me the solution.

i encountered this error... you must have the dll together with your package. during P&D make sure you include that.

Still i have same prob,pls tell me where can i find dll files..

what i did was, i installed VB6 on the computer and uninstalled it. i was having headaches that time i couldn't think of anything. i know what i have done is NOT advisable. Still, it fixed my problem.

what i did was, i installed VB6 on the computer and uninstalled it. i was having headaches that time i couldn't think of anything. i know what i have done is NOT advisable. Still, it fixed my problem.

I ve Got solutions..Pls check it
---------------
CAUSE
This problem occurs because there is a circular dependency in the Crystal Reports dependency file. This applies to Seagate Crystal Reports version 8.5.
Back to the top

RESOLUTION
The Crystal Decisions Web site in the "Status" section of this article states:
To resolve this error, open Crystl32.dep in Notepad or a similar text editor and modify the section:

[CRPE32.DLL]
Dest=$(WinSysPath)
Uses1=CRPE32.DLL
Uses2=

So that it reads:

;[CRPE32.DLL]
;Dest=$(WinSysPath)
;Uses1=Crpe32.dll
;Uses2=
------------------
Now it ll b work Good..:)

Hi friends,

I have implimented a project. I connect it with Access database but problem is that I don't know how to make it as a Installaton file which can run on other machine (System) that donot have Visual Basic.

Plz. give me the solution.

hey buddy ooen ur project click on file , and selest make project.exe tab and press ok

commented: Try proofreading your posts to make them understandable. -2

Downlowd a SETUP FACTORY from INDIGO ROSE... just google it...

the use it to created a setup for your visual basic project..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.