I have been using Eclipse for quite some time to program. I have been told that NetBeans is a little better. The problem that I am having is that I can't figure out how to get a program into NetBeans for further programming.

Can anyone explain these steps?

Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

1) read the manual.
2) ditch Notbeans after deciding on reading the manual that it's no better than Eclipse.
3) buy IntelliJ and use the import wizard to import your entire Eclipse project.

Between the built-in help, the Start Page (Help > Start Page), and this tutorial http://www.netbeans.org/kb/60/java/quickstart.html (which is actually the one that the Start Page takes you to), you should have plenty of documentation available.

Thanks for the reply. Are there any real differences between Eclipse and NetBeans?

There are some, but I would say they are fairly trivial. Both are good open-source IDEs and really the choice will come down to your personal preference. Try them both and use the one you like better.

Thanks

Netbeans does have a plugin Eclipse Project Importer, I don't know if it's part of the standard install and I have not used it personally. You might want to look at it if you have several projects in Eclipse. Plugins are managed through the Tools > Plugins menu.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.