Hi

I am looking for an open source Java project such as (NotePad, Html Editor... etc) which consist of around 10 classes. I searched within source forge and I don't find a suitable one.

I'll use this project in something called (Refactoring) which enhancing the code. This is not a king of cheating. If you know some thing about software engineering, you will know exactly what is Refactoring means.

Any way, Please help me.

I'm waiting anybody.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You might look at jEdit. Source code is available and it also supports plug-ins. You may be able to do the work as a plug-in instead of trying to modify the source itself.

Thanks Ezzaral,

My current job is to refine the code within and between the classes, so I need project that not well coded.

If you have, please tell me.

Ah, I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted to add refactoring capabilities to an existing editor.

Other than Google, I couldn't say where to find a poorly written program that you could use for demonstrating refactoring - but I'm sure there are a ton of them out there ;)

@OP
Refactoring does not necessarily mean "poorly written". It simply means you want to accomplish what is being done ina different manner.

@OP
Refactoring does not necessarily mean "poorly written". It simply means you want to accomplish what is being done ina different manner.

Yes, that's a good point worth noting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.