Hello:)
I have a problem that keeps repeating. I work in Visual C++ 6, and i deleted a class, i erased it from program files/microsoft visual studio/my projects/bla bla.. and i deleted the code in it(the header and cpp file), and it dissapeared from the class tree in my workspace, but i get this error everytime i compile :

fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\Diploma\SferaDlg.cpp': No such file or directory

(the class name was sferadlg)

Why? what should i delete more? i don't know what to do, i have to start a new project:( because i can't solve this error..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

try deleting all the *.obj and *.pch files then recompile everything.

You haven't removed the file(s) from the project I guess, so select the desired file in the workspace window's file tree and press Delete.

I just tried it and all I had to do after deleting the *.cpp and *.h files from the file system and deleting them out of the workspace was select menu item Build --> Rebuild All.

Thanks, i did what you said. but the problem was that i needed to delete the files from the "file view" tab too (the cpp and header files). i just deleted them from the "class view" tab first time. maybe you assumed i've already done that :) anyway now it compiles ok:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.