Hi everyone, I just started C and I'm trying to understand some conceptual things. If anyone can help me with any of my questions It would be appreciated! I just want to hear it from something other than a book.
1. So, if macros can hold arguments, why would you do whatever computation in the macro if you could just as easily make a function?
2. What are Pragmas? as in #pragma <text>
3. How do I define a simple preprocessor macro that swaps three variables
4. What is a Link Editor? I know it takes .o and .a files and creates an executable, but why does it do that? What would be an application for that?
5. Where do all the function libraries come from? Did someone just create them and give them away?