Sp!ke 13 Light Poster

I'm writing a program to communicate with my Cisco switch via COM port using MScomm. I've gotten it to work perfectly, with one exception.

If you've ever dealt with Cisco software before, you know that if there's a long list of things, it wil display "--More--" prompting you to scroll down and recieve the rest of the data. It works just fine, except some of the data gets lost. Here's a reference:

*** Before pressing <spacebar> to retrieve more data: ***
show logging                 Show system logging information
show mac                     Show MAC information
--More--

Everything is fine, "More" is displayed and it's telling me there's more data. Fine. *press Spacebar*

*** After pressing <spacebar>: ***
--More--        crocode               Show microcode versions
show module                  Show module information
show multicast               Show multicast information

Now, before you say anything, please keep in mind that I've already figured out the "". That entire string is a backspace sequence designed to tell you how many characters to backspace. In this case, it tells you to backspace 8 characters to remove the "--More--". I already have this figured out, this is not the problem. But, if we remove the "More" and the backspace sequence, look what we have:

crocode               Show microcode versions

We're missing data. It SHOULD read:

show microcode               Show microcode versions

We're missing "show mi". This is most definately not a problem with Cisco's software, as it works perfectly in HyperTerminal on Windows and MiniCOM on Linux. I was wondering if anyone knew where this data was and how I could retrieve it to display it? I'm using VB6 with the MScomm OCX control, and all of the data I've described was directly taken from the data stream, it was not prased or edited in any way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.