Hello,
I am encrypting a video using AES...The file format that i am using is .avi.
In order to play the encrypted video i need to save the header information of the video before encryption to be able to display the video as a video format(.avi).
I got the header info from this link http://www.fastgraph.com/help/avi_header_format.html
and i am saving the 1st 56 bytes before encryption..
The problem is that the encrypted video is displayed as a video format(.avi) but its not playing..
I am getting error:- The file is corrupted and cannot play
I need to play the encrypted video...
Can anyone help how we can play the encrypted video...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Why are you trying to do half a job by preserving the header in clear text?

avi | encrypt > secret
secret | decrypt > avi

Or even
secret | decrypt | player

Hello,
I must save the header info so that i am able to play the encrypted video..
If i would not have to play the encrypted video..then i would not have saved the header info in clear text..and that works fine...
Now the .avi file has header info 56 bytes... i am saving it before encryption.. i am getting an encrypted video...but its not playing...
When i am trying to play the video in the player...i am getting error message:- Tha data is corrupted cannot play...
Is there any other format that i would be able to play as encrypted?
Can anyone help to solve this problem...

Write a decrypt plugin for your media player?

> When i am trying to play the video in the player...i am getting error message:- Tha data is corrupted cannot play...
You encrypted it, what did you expect?

Hello :

May be changing the algo. it'll work, use DES algo. for encryption,,,if you want upload the program for help you more....
best wishes....

Hello,
I am sending the codes...I am unable to upload an .avi video...so if anyone testing the program can use any video but .avi format...
It is decrypting the video correctly but i am unable to play the encrypted video...
Can anyone help how we can play the encrypted video...because the encrypted video is in a format .avi and its not playing... i am getting error player cannot play the video---> data corrupted...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.