Hi All,

In my network setup all our UNIX/Linux Servers are standalone.So when a user joins i have to create a user account in all the servers.

I will be using the same user acc to create the user account across servers

So if you can guys provide me a script it will be great.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by eggi

Hey There,

If the account can login directly to all your boxes, all you need to do is create one script to add a user, or users, and then setup ssh-keys (or whatnot) and run script in a loop through all the hosts.

Worst case, if you can't setup key-or-trust-based passwordless logins, you can always just cut and paste your password and hit shift-insert a lot. I've done it myself a few times. Depending on your situation, going through all the long front-work might not be worth the effort.

If you are managing a really large number of servers, it could be a big pain, but you should suggest that whoever runs the show implement a solution like LDAP, so you can do your job more efficiently. I know there are folks on different sides of the "one stop shop" fence, too, with regards to login and password security...

Best wishes,

Mike

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.