Hello all,

I have an assignment to create a base class for a vector. Now after reading through the instructions I am still unclear the instructions. I am NOT asking for you to do my homework! I just need some clarification. PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY CODE!

Here is a snippet of the assignment text:

Suppose that vectors were not defined in C++. Define a class called VectorDouble that is like a class for a vector with base type of double......Your class should have all of the following:
*Three constructors: a default constructor that creates a dynamic array for 50 elements........
*Member functions push_back, capacity...and size that behave the same as the member functions of the same names for vectors......
*Two member functions to give your class the same utility as the square brackets: value_at(i), which returns the value of the ith element in the dynamic array; and change_value_at(d,i) which changes the double value at the ith element of the dynamic array to d. Enforce suitable restrictions on the arguments to value_at(i) and change_value_at. (Your class will not work with the square bracket. It can be made to work with square bracket, but we have not covered the material which tells you how to do that.)

My question is does this mean I am not going to be using any vectors but rather dynamic arrays?

Nevermind, I got it. Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.