Hey,
I was just wondering if i could write my C++ code on notepad and run it etc?
I am asking this because atm i'm at a community centre and on a computer, but not allowed to download anything, so can i?

reply asap please

you can write your program with notepad but you can't compile it because notepad is not a compiler. If your school computers don't have a compiler then ask one of the teachers if they will download it for you.

Sure you can write your C++ code using notepad, it's a text editor after all.
But you need to have a compiler/linker to turn the code into a program which you can then run.

Ok, thank you, we're not allowed to download anything lol so ahh well thanks anyways

Is it at a school? cause at my school we arent supposed to download anything but we do anyways

Is it at a school? cause at my school we arent supposed to download anything but we do anyways

Even though the thread had been solved it's at a community centre and you can't download things, and at school you can't download anything at all, you only have a couple of programs and controlled internet

ya srry >< after i posted i saw it was solved >< but like its the same thing at my school but we find ways to download stuff

Next time, you could also bring some command-line compiler on USB key, provided you are allowed to transfer data using USB key (Most places do allow this, even though they don`t allow you to install anything). You wouldn`t have to download or install anything, just run the compiler from USB key ;-)

Why don't you ask your school's principal or some other teacher what you want to do and why. Does your school have any computer programming classes ? Yes, then maybe you can use one of their computers to do your work.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.