Hello,
I went to college for computer science and graduated but the school i went to never actually had me focus on a certain language. By happenstance i took cumulatively 4 years of c++ but never got very far. Im really good at beginner stuff and not so good at intermediate level stuff. I was wondering what a good project would be to work on that. I have a hard finding motivation to write complex code to write 1+1. Any ideas on what i could do as far as practical code?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Hello,
I went to college for computer science and graduated but the school i went to never actually had me focus on a certain language. By happenstance i took cumulatively 4 years of c++ but never got very far. Im really good at beginner stuff and not so good at intermediate level stuff. I was wondering what a good project would be to work on that. I have a hard finding motivation to write complex code to write 1+1. Any ideas on what i could do as far as practical code?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Writing complex code to do trivial things like 1 + 1 is a bad idea. Write your code as simply as possible. No one wants to spend five hours deciphering a program that adds 1 + 1. There are twenty billion intermediate projects out there. The sky and your imagination are the limit. Pick one that interests you and that involves some skills you want to improve on. I can't really suggest anything because everyone is different. Some people like writing programs to calculate PI to 5000 places, while others would be bored stiff by that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.