Hello, I have a program that generates several 1-dimensional arrays that I would like to conduct data analysis on.

I was wondering if there was some sort of python tool (or module, or anything) that could write these arrays to a column of a spreadsheet ( in OpenOffice formatting).

Is there a way to do this, or would my best bet be to write the arrays to a text file, hope the formatting is okay, and copy paste that into OpenOffice.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

OpenOffice will import comma delimited text files, or any other delimiter that you care to choose. If there are commas in the data then use something like comma+space+space as the delimiter. Here is a dated link for creating the spreadsheet in python. It refers to StarOffice (or something like that), which is a former incarnation of OpenOffice, so hopefully this still works. http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=8456 Searching the oooforum will probably yield more hits. Hope this gets you started.

Member Avatar for kdoiron

If your array is a list, just create a string for each array using "tab.join(array)", then write the string to a sequential file. Use Excel (or whatever the open-office equivalent is) and import it as a tab-delimited text file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.