Hiya Guys and Girls

I am wanting to develop a conference centre in Java. But before i start spending time coding I wanted to know if anyone had a generic code I can use just to save some time.

Kind Regards

Almostanangel

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hiya Guys and Girls

I am wanting to develop a conference centre in Java.

Hi Almostanangel and All,

What is a conference centre? Pardon my ignorance.

Waseemn

It a building that has many rooms in it. I want to be able to allocated rooms to events. eg someone wants to hold a wedding convention on 14 July from 08:00 till 18:00 and want to book a room for 2000 people. and they want tea and coffee and they want an over head projector. I want to design a system that allocates all this stuff. If your still lost as to what a conference center is then google it

It a building that has many rooms in it. I want to be able to allocated rooms to events. eg someone wants to hold a wedding convention on 14 July from 08:00 till 18:00 and want to book a room for 2000 people. and they want tea and coffee and they want an over head projector. I want to design a system that allocates all this stuff. If your still lost as to what a conference center is then google it

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was some sort of software. You know there is something in MS-Access called a dashboard. Well this is nothing more than a menu system. So when you said I want to develop a "Conference Centre" I had that image in mind, and wanted to inquire.

Now that I know what your objective is, I guess what I would do is start with a list of all the rooms, and all the amenities that can be provided. This list will have specific information about each room, size, capacity, ceiling hieght, doors and access points and things like that.

Also for the amenities, price per person, time to prepare, combination of other things you need, like you need cups when you serve coffee.

After this you can make a database will all these items, and a Java interface that drives the database.

Thanks for your clarification

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.