I have created a user control (uctxt) and an application to test that user control. Suppose the application lies in folder D:\snt\TestOcx on my local machine. And its exe will be created in D:\snt\TestOcx\TestOcx\bin\debug\TestOcx.exe and the dll of the usercontrol (uctxt.dll) to be tested will also be lying in the same above mentioned folder. Now I am putting this TestOcx.exe and uctxt.dll in the wwwroot folder of the server. But when I try to run this exe from server, a FileNotFoundException is generated indicating that the uctxt.dll file is not found. So where should I locate this dll?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The .exe and .dll should be beside each other, you may don't have the permission to run the application.

Dear ShreyaTrivedi,

I don't understand what you want to do exactely, but if you want to make Click Once Deployment, you should publish your project to this server.

to know how to publish this file use this link this will help you
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/748fh114(VS.80).aspx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.