I am getting the following unhanded exception:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in System.Windows.Forms.dll

Additional information: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

which crashes my code when I click a button on my C# GUI. The button calls a C++ Backend, and I'm not sure why it can't find the System.Windows.Forms.dll? Has anyone seen this before? There are pages and pages of similar exceptions on Google, but none of them have an answer or workaround.

Just looking for a spot of insight.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi, Apparently we know why FileNotFoundException. I think System.Windows.Forms.dll is not located or may not readable. Please check it.

Hi, Apparently we know why FileNotFoundException. I think System.Windows.Forms.dll is not located or may not readable. Please check it.

... yeah... but isn't Forms.dll my GUI stuff? All the other buttons work... it's just the one that is calling the external DLL that is crashing out.

I feel like it must be deeper than a simple missing DLL. But I'll look for it tomorrow at work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.