investment duration interest rates offered

Less then 3 months 5%
3month-11 months 5.5%
1 year-23 months 7.6%
2 years and above 7.9%

Note: Interest = Total investment *Interest rates *Duration

Q: How to write a java application to compute the total accumulated investment after the investment periods?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I think the question was given to YOU by YOUR instructor, so YOU should solve it, WE will ONLY HELP YOU in solving it. Provided you show us you put in the effort to deserve any help.
For more info look here.

can you give me tips to do the program?

investment duration interest rates offered

Less then 3 months 5%
3month-11 months 5.5%
1 year-23 months 7.6%
2 years and above 7.9%

Note: Interest = Total investment *Interest rates *Duration

Q: How to write a java application to compute the total accumulated investment after the investment periods?

The inputs of the program will be: duration and Total investment
Use if statements to compute the Interest rates based on the duration given. (use the above table)
Now that you all three values of the variables that are at left side of the formula:
Interest = Total investment *Interest rates *Duration, you can calculate the Interest

I guess JavaAddict already beat me to it, All you need to do is take the TotalInvestment and Duration as Input and calculate the Interest amount by the formula given in your question, depending of the value of Duration

can you give me tips to do the program?

Yeah, the more you work at it the better chance you have of actually getting it done, and you might learn something at the same time. :-O

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.