I'm having some problems getting some code (which I believe is compliant to the Microsoft C++ definition) to compile on CodeWarrior (which uses is ISO definition). I've sorted some of the syntax errors out but I'm stumped by this one:

inline T* GetNext(const T* a_elem) const { return (T*) _elem->gmListDoubleNode<T>::m_next; }

I'm getting an exception saying that it expects an open bracket at ..eNode<T>...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, but you misspelled the a_elem value declared in the local parameter--

inline T* GetNext(const T* a_elem) const { return (T*) a_elem->gmListDoubleNode<T>::m_next; }

When I say accurate I mean it may or may not pertain to your problem, but it's worth a shot.

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, but you misspelled the a_elem value declared in the local parameter--

inline T* GetNext(const T* a_elem) const { return (T*) a_elem->gmListDoubleNode<T>::m_next; }

When I say accurate I mean it may or may not pertain to your problem, but it's worth a shot.

Nah, thanks for your help but that was just me accidentally chopping it off during the copy/paste process sorry!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.