Greetings
i need to know how to change values of specific memory addresses in c++. so far i have been using a utility for this job (cheatengine) but thought if i do this in c++ i might actually learn soemthing :-)

say the process name is: "bobdole.exe"
memory address: "04A96990"
memory type: "float"

we know for this value will allways be in the same address every time the program is loaded into memory.

i gave this a try: c++ tut on memory minipulation (site keeps crashing my firefox)
and i cant get the code to comile, gives me 50 erros, maybe becouse it was writen in c++.net? i am using standard c++.

(you are dealing with a c++ newby )
any help will be greatly apreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

How about spending the couple of years learning to use C++ properly, rather than diving in at the deep end?

But then it seems all you want to do is cheat at games, so there's bugger all motivation for us to try and teach you.

I agree with Salem, I dont like to encourage cheating.. but heres somebody who has already solved this problem. Link

I dont understand whats happening, at first my link was working, then it stopped working and yours worked. Now its gone back to mine working and yours isn't ;) Somethings not quite right.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.