Hi

I was wondering how to create a window to run my programs in. It talks about it in many posts but I couldn't find anything on how to actually make one. I have no idea where to start so you will need to tell me pretty much everything (e.g. examples, code, #include).

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi

I was wondering how to create a window to run my programs in. It talks about it in many posts but I couldn't find anything on how to actually make one. I have no idea where to start so you will need to tell me pretty much everything (e.g. examples, code, #include).

Thank you.

Here is one example (assuming you are on Windows).

If you are not on windows, or you just want something more cross-platform, you'll need to use a GUI toolkit. The universal favorites are (in no particular order):

Trolltech Qt
GTK+ (and a nice C++ wrapper: GTK++)
wxWidgets
FLTK
FOX Toolkit

You may also want to take a look through The GUI Toolkit, Framework Page.

With the exception of Qt, all those I listed are GPL or better. Qt requires strict non-commercial use (now and in the future) for programs written with the free version.

Hope this helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.