hey, I'm having a problem in getting this programm right.. this is what it does...in every 1000ms it paint an image.. I'm using a new thread to paint the image....the thread taking care of the paining then creats a new thread to play the sound..But what i want is to paint the image while it is playing the sound............can anyone here help?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Why not just start the sound and then paint the image in the same thread?

the sound takes around maybe half a second to finish.....and in one thread, was doing it sequencially...that's not what i want ...I 'm hoping atleast there to be some mixing between the two....but thanks....any more help would be appreciated..:)

and another problem with it was that when i played the sound on the same thread..the time of playing of the sound got unpredictable..at times it even played the sounds after finishing painting all the images.....

You could use two Executors to separately submit sound and graphic update tasks.

thanks Ezzaral..i'll see what I can do with that

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.