I’m trying to find out if either VB6 or Delphi could be used to make a simple dialer for Windows XP. A dialer my friend made in VB5 works on NT, but not on XP. By a simple dialer, I mean one that I can use to read a single telephone number entry database created with Qbasic and dial that number over the XP modem. (Note, this is NOT an Internet dial-up connection, which is so often associated with the tem “dialer).

I have a Qbasic program that can be used to select a phone number and send it to a database. I need either a VB6 solution or Delphi solution to dial it. Any ideas, books, links, source code, etc., would be appreciated?

Pete

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mrmink

I know you had this problem well over a year ago, but I need the same dialer in VB6 or .Net to work on XP. Did you ever manage to get it to work?

I’m trying to find out if either VB6 or Delphi could be used to make a simple dialer for Windows XP. A dialer my friend made in VB5 works on NT, but not on XP. By a simple dialer, I mean one that I can use to read a single telephone number entry database created with Qbasic and dial that number over the XP modem. (Note, this is NOT an Internet dial-up connection, which is so often associated with the tem “dialer��?).

I have a Qbasic program that can be used to select a phone number and send it to a database. I need either a VB6 solution or Delphi solution to dial it. Any ideas, books, links, source code, etc., would be appreciated?

Pete

I have been using the dialer programm I made for years now in VB6

I have a VB6 example that may get you started.
you need to add the MSCOMM control to the project

You may need to set the COMM PORT property

a simple subroutine uses the MSCOMM control ....
and for the settings property I have 9600,n,8,1

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim sec As Variant
Dim secnow As Variant
Label4.Visible = True
Label4.Caption = "PAGING"
MSComm1.PortOpen = True
MSComm1.Output = "AT" & Chr(13)
secnow = (Now)
While DateDiff("s", secnow, Now) < 2
'next sentence
Wend

MSComm1.Output = "atdt " & pagernumber.Text & ";" & Chr(13)
Timer1.Enabled = True
Label4.Caption = "Paging"
Label4.Visible = True

End Sub

Hope this helps !

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.