I have an old VHS camcorder connected to the vidoe input of a WinTV PCI card. I want to develop a simple program that will, at regular intervals, grab stills from that video source and save them to my hard drive. So far, I've been unable to find anything free online that works for what I want to do. I did stumble across some kind of custom ActiveX control for selecting video sources and saving stills, but I have been unable to get it to work. I don't have the URL of that control to post it at the moment.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I am using VB5, by the way.

I'll post the control info as soon as I remember where I found it.... I do know that it was downloaded as an install file (EXE I believe), and after running the installation, I could add the component from the Visual Basic 5 Project/Components menu. Its listed there as "VideoCap ActiveX Control 3.5"

hi

I have the same problem and I want to save images from my camcorder to a VB project and no matter what i tried i can't do it.

could you tell me how you did it?

thank you

I haven't solved this problem yet. I've found other software that captures images, but nothing with published Visual Basic source code that I can adapt to my purposes. The ActiveX control that I downloaded hasn't helped at all so far.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.