Hi, I would like to know how to determine whater a user has logged off, using a software, the software must run at the background so that the user doesnt know. Basically I want to find out if the user hits the log off button as soon as it does then the software will do something and then loggs off. This software will be installed in a microcontroller (dont worry about this part) via USB and as soon as you plug in your USB the software will run automatically. Is there a file which can run automatically and what is the name of the file?

regards

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Sounds sketchy. What are you trying to accomplish with this program?

ok I want to make a program which determines when a user log off and as soon as it does then the program will do something and then log off. This software will be autorun from a USB drive I mean I will insert a device via USB and as you know that when you insert a USB disk it tells you that "mass storage device has been plugged in" I think there is a software inside the USB which runs and tells the user that usb is inserted. I want to know how it does it someone told me that it might be a patch file which runs automatically. Basically I want to run a software from USB without the user's consent

There is at least one problem :)
Some computers have softwares called antiviruses. They could stop your "unnoticed" program to run.
And running a program as soon as portable storage device is plugged in, you will need "autorun.ini" file. It has special code. google it

>Basically I want to run a software from USB without the user's consent
I didn't ask what you wanted to do (I can figure that out from the original question). I want to know why you want to do something that sounds very much like the payload for a trojan.

I want to do a project which includes the batch file which will run when the user logs off/ shutdown

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.