I have a problem with bulding a program to store a family record, this record consits of : name, birthday, married? and number of child. What is the best way to store this record???

Could you give me some example about some task on this structure : Input name and check if he/she is in family record or not.If he/she was found, display all sub-generation of him/her and display all person is same generation with him/her.

Thanks!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Use a structure

struct familyRecord{
  char* name;
  char* birthDate;
  int     isMarried;
  int     nChildren;

};

Thanks! It is an method, but I want to store a genogram of a clan and handle on it, such as : search, add, retrieve and display........ Can we use a Linked List, a matrix or a file txt which is saved in a folder???
Thanks!!

A genogram would be fairly complex, but I think you could use a combination of a tree and a linked list to store it ..

Can you explain your idea clearlier, i'm a newbie, so i need some example about it.
Thanks!!!!!

You'd better go and code something yourself I think, or show us what you have so far. Of course, that needs to be more than the code posted above + some misc. main function.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.